Friday, April 13, 2012

Newest Lifelong Goal - AT


Mama Dunn Sr. and I went to Virgina to see a friend who recently returned home from a mission for our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, from Brazil.  On our way home, we drove within miles of Harper's Ferry - which is famous due to John Brown - and it is the headquarters for the Appalachain Trail Conservancy.  I have recently been reading up on the AT and hiking the trail in its entirety.  I have always loved hiking and would love to hike the whole trail.  At first, I wanted to be a thru hiker, someone who hikes the whole trail at one time.  After reading and considering my lifestyle, I quickly realized this would not be feasible, so my latest goal is to be a section hiker and hike the trail throughout my life and eventually hike the whole thing, approximately 2,200 miles.  I hiked my first section in March - pictures to come.  We stopped at the headquarters and bought my first few maps of the trail and snapped a few pictures.  It was rather exciting.  I love goals and planning - thinking about either of these makes me giddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment