Friday, April 13, 2012

30 before 30

It is hard to believe that I turned 29 a couple months ago.  I still feel like I am a young 18 year old who just graduated from high school - I realize though that I am a young 29 year old who has her whole life still in front of her.  I have loved and enjoyed my life up to this point and look forward to the many more wonderful experiences I am going to be able to have.  I must admit, 10 years ago I would have described my life at 29 completely different from what it actually is currently, but I am enjoying how it is and look forward to seeing what the future holds.  It have had to readjust my mindframe to my current life since it is so vastly different from what I thought it would be, but I am trying to enjoy every day. 

I have been inspired by some friends who did something similar to put together a list of 30 things I want to do before I turn 30.  I LOVE making lists and checking things off, so this is exactly what I have done.  I tried to put things on my list that I would not do/accomplish if I didn't have a little extra push.  Here is a sampling of the list:

Already Accomplished: 1. Hike 30 miles on the Appalachain Trail (ended up doing 70); 2. Visit 30 national parks (includes monuments, parks, battlefields, etc.); 3. go to a UNC football game; 4. visit exotic island; 5. watch sunrise over the ocean; 6. go to a symphony; 7. bike to Apex on the American Tobacco Trail

Working On: run 1/2 marathon, finish house quilt, go to Durham Bulls Baseball game, read Christmas Carol, finish and frame needle point, hike Mt. Rogers, learn to make danish (mormon bread), bike to the top of White Top, read 5 Newberry Medal winners, read the Book of Mormon, have a fancy dinner party - these are just a few more of the 30. 

It has been lots of fun so far working on the different goals and I have had several friends help me accomplish these goals.  I look forward to working on these throughout the year and ending this decade of my life with a bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment