Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ragnar 2013

We had another opportunity to run in a Ragnar race as a family and it was once again a wonderful experience. We have so much fun being together and cheering one another along.  It was a difficult race with the heat and humidity of the Florida Keys but we enjoyed running from key to key and just being together.  We had a cousin and a handful of friends join us this year to make our team of 12 and they were great additions to the family.  We hope to keep up this tradition for several more years!!! 
 Team C.A.T.I.E. - the night before the race!




Elizabeth and I at the finishing line waiting for Van 2 to finish!
 Everyone is still smiling!
 Victory Jump!
 My wonderful parents and siblings!
 Funny story - my mom and I were driving in the van and just having such a great time chatting and enjoying the drive we totally ran out of gas on the side of the road.  A nice police officer stopped to check on us and we informed him that my Dad, Uncle, brother and cousin were on their way to rescue us.  It was pretty funny! 

We run these races to be together but also to honor Catie, we ran our first one while she was sick and dedicated our team name to her (C.A.T.I.E. = courageous, admirable, tough, inspiration, and exemplary - all words that describe her) and we all continue to run for her even though she is not here with us. She is a wonderful inspiration for everything that I do in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment