Friday, October 12, 2012

Updates!

My blog seems to have a familiar track record to my journal.  I am always playing catch up because I tend to not keep it up to date.  I was gently encouraged this past week from a good friend to post on my blog about my latest comings and goings, so I will try and get you guys up to date - quite a bit has happened since the last time I posted!  I think I will go from most recent and see how far I get back to catching you all up!

This past weekend, I competed in my first ever triathlon and it was wonderful.  I had been training some - lots of running, a little bit of biking and swimming - to prepare for the event.  I have always wanted to do one but am always a little anxious doing new activities I have never previously tried.  My parents came to the race with me to be my support team!! It was great having them there with me.  The race was in Lousiburg, NC starting at 8 am on October 6! It was a gorgeous Fall morning, the weather could not have been more perfect for the race.  We started off swimming 500 M in the lake, followed by a 15 mile bike ride along country roads surrounded by cotton fields, and finished with a 3.1 mile run! I fared fairly well in the swim but was passed a ton during the bike portion (lots of room for improvement there), and finished strong on the running, passing 20 people in the process.  My goal was to finish in 1 hour and 50 minutes and not come in last!! I succeeded at both. My finishing time was 1 hour and 46 minutes and I did not come in last!! =)


They wrote our age on our right calf muscles, it was fun seeing the ages of all the participants.  There was one little girl 13, she beat me!


 My two greatest supporters!




Transitioning from the swim to the bike - it was nice having a short breathing break!




No comments:

Post a Comment