Thursday, May 31, 2012

Appalachian Trail

In March, my goal/dream of hiking the entire Appalachian Trail began.  Daniel and Scott were kind enough to come along with me (or maybe it was me going along with them) on my first section hike.  We started at the very most southern spot, Springer Mountain, GA.  We took five days and hiked a total of 70 miles.  It was wonderful (besides the fact that we could hardly walk when we finished). Smile. It was a little tougher, I think, than we had anticipated.  This is a very mountainous part of the trail, so it required a lot of ups and downs.  In the end, we did survive. Although, we had no choice because we had to hike to where we left my car parked. Smile.  We had four great days of weather and it only rained part of one day.  We talked with some very nice people - some hiking all the way through and some just hiking a few days like us.  My given trail name from this trip was Poly! If you want to know what it means, you will just have to ask.  I loved the trip and can't wait till the next one!







1 comment:

  1. Wow! 70 miles in just a few days! That's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete