Friday, October 12, 2012

During the summer time, my mom and I had a chance to take the kids camping for four days and we had a blast, even with the onslaught of rain that we received.  I think the kids had a great time and it will be a memory they can have forever.  We did some hiking, fire building, lots of eating, bike riding, running, game playing, and even a quick trip to Bristol during the rainstorm! I guess we cheated a little but it was worth it.  We could only handle so many hours in the tent during the rainstorm.  David, Mary, and I had a chance to bike from White Top to Damascus one day and then Mama and David did it again the next day. It was tons of fun and David and Mary did amazing biking the trail on bikes that do not have gears. 



These next several pictures show what Mama and I did during the rainstorm vs. what David, Mary and Sarah did during the rainstorm!! =)



David got my camera and the kids had lots of fun taking pictures of themselves while we took a short nap!



We tried out a dutch oven recipe from a friend and it was delicious - Daddy got to come up and join us for the evening activities. 

Wonderful camping trip and hopefully there will be many more in our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment